Our Teacher Training provides a combination of blended learning and/or face-to-face training sessions which ensure that teachers have the knowledge, skills and confidence required to deliver the Peace Prevails Programme in their own school. By completing this teacher training, the school will be licensed to deliver the programme as a whole school programme.
By the end of training participants will have gained:
- An understanding of the structure and contents of both programmes (5 – 7 yr and 8 – 11 yr)
- An insight into how the Peace Prevails Programme can fulfil areas of the curriculum
- Recognition of how the programme can be expanded into cross-curricular areas
- Confidence to deliver the programme
- A plan on how to implement this programme in the classroom, school and some thoughts on how to include families and the community
- Ideas on how to evaluate the programme
Option 1: Blended Learning
5 x 1 hour sessions plus 1 x 1½ hour session and an optional final session, with each session containing a mixture of group discussions, online and individual work.
There must be a minimum of three teachers per school (less for very small schools).
|How to navigate the web-site and how the training is structured
|Lesson Plan 1: Working through some of the activities in Lesson 1 prior to receiving the Lesson Plans
|Lesson Plans and links: Downloading the Lesson Plans and Resources and identifying how the programme could fit into your everyday school curriculum
|Water: Identifying the importance of water in our lives and its connection to peace in our world
|Implementation and evaluation: Making plans to implement and evaluate the programme
|Peace in my world: Experiencing some more of the activities that are included in the Lesson Plans
|Module 6 (optional)
|Networking with other schools: Making links and working with other schools to share ideas and experiences when implementing the Peace Prevails Programme
Option 2: Face-to-Face
One day training for teachers from a minimum of three schools, with a minimum of three teachers per school.
The following are the main areas that will be covered during the training day:
- Introduction to the background and ethos of the programme
- Working through some of the activities in Lesson 1
- Receiving Lesson Plan books and Resources
- Identifying how the programme could fit into your everyday school curriculum
- Identifying the importance of water in our lives and its connection to peace in our world
- Making plans to implement and evaluate the programme in your school
- Experiencing some more of the activities that are included in the Lesson Plans
How can your school become licensed to deliver the programme?
The teachers who will deliver the programme need to undertake teacher training which consists of either one of the following:
- Blended Learning or Face-to-Face Learning.
- Once the teachers from your school have completed the training, your school will receive a School Licence and ongoing support from our team.
For more information, please Contact Us.